U079 - Pemphigus and Pemphigoid: Evidence-based Updates
Monday, February 19; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe relevant pathogenic mechanisms of pemphigus and pemphigoid.
- Diagnose pemphigus and pemphigoid more effectively.
- Formulate treatment plans for pemphigus and pemphigoid based on current evidence.
In this session we will review and evaluate the latest studies on pemphigus and pemphigoid. We will discuss new information regarding mechanisms of disease pathogenesis and how these mechanisms provide rationale for certain therapies. Current thoughts on mechanism of action of new treatment modalities will be presented. Finally, we will discuss the efficacy and safety of both established and newer treatment options including topical steroids, systemic steroids, immunosuppressive agents, intravenous immunoglobulin, and B cell depleting therapies. At the end of this session the audience will be able to diagnose and treat patients more effectively and confidently.
- Culton, Donna, MD, PhD: Biogen – I(S); DermTreat – I(S); Dermtreat ApS – A(H); Eli Lilly and Company – I(S); Genentech, Inc. – A(H), SP(H); Principia Biopharma Inc – I(S); Principia Biopharma Inc. – I(S); Stiefel a GSK company – I(Grants/Research Funding); Syntimmune, Inc. – I(S); Verrica Pharmaceuticals Inc – I(S);
- Strong, Becky: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.