F090 - Battle the Burnout: Reignite the Flame!
Sunday, February 18; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify specific signs of burnout in yourself and your team.
- Develop strategies to avoid burnout for yourself and your team.
- Implement strategies to work within your organization to reduce incidents of burnout.
Burnout among physicians, in particular among dermatologists, is on the rise. As the practice of medicine continues to change, physicians are often busier than ever before and feel less in control of their practices. In this session, we will look at the factors that cause burnout in dermatologists in various practice settings. Participants will be able to identify signs of burnout in themselves and others, leaving this session with strategies for reducing personal burnout as well as strategies for working within the larger organization to minimize the stressors that cause burnout.
- Torgerson, Rochelle R., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Wiss, Karen, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.