WSP006 - Hands-on: The Patient Encounter: Total Body Skin Exam
Friday, March 1; 8:15 AM - 8:45 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Practice bedside manner and communication skills in a realistic simulated clinical scenario: the full body skin exam.
- Receive feedback on physical exam skills, including gowning/ draping, and counseling skills.
- Describe personal reflections after the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement.
This session will include a one-on-one simulated clinical encounter with an actor patient in which the attendee will perform a full body skin exam. The purpose of this session is to get hands-on practice with performing a routine office exam and then to provide the attendee with feedback on their bedside manner and physical exam skills, including gowning/draping and counseling skills. A rare opportunity to practice in a safe and realistic setting with feedback, the attendee will be invited to reflect on the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 5 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment credits. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Botto, Nina, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
All faculty / Hands-on: The Patient Encounter: Total Body Skin Exam