F004 - The Future of Dermatology: What Changes Are Coming and How Can We Prepare?
Friday, March 1; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Prepare for major changes in insurance coverage, quality and cost measurement, and payment being implemented by Medicare and private health plans.
- Examine disruptive technologies and tactics that are rapidly affecting the specialty and causing barriers to the delivery of care along with discussion of unintended consequences of some regulatory mandates and how we are working to change them.
- Analyze reasons for dermatologists as a specialty to collect our own quality and cost data to demonstrate our value, and to design sustainable payment mechanisms that reward quality care and preserve access (rather than having them designed by others).
This session will focus on the latest Regulation on Drug Compounding, DataDerm, Drug Pricing and Accessibility, Breaking Issues with Private Insurers and Medicare, Truth in Advertising and SOP.
- Coldiron, Brett M., MD: NovoScan – O(Fees);
- Desai, Seemal R., MD: AbbVie – I(Grants/Research Funding); Almirall – C(Fees), SP(H); Cassiopea SpA – C(H); Dermavant Sciences – A(Fees); Dermira – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding), SP(H); Dr. Reddy – I(Grants/Research Funding); Foundation for Research & Education of Dermatology – A(Fees); Galderma Laboratories, LP – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Ortho Dermatologics – C(H), SP(H); Pfizer Inc. – SP(H); Ralexar Therapeutics, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Scientis – C(H), SP(H); SkinCeuticals LLC – C(H);
- Rogers, Howard Wooding, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sullivan, Sabra, MD, PhD: Candela Corporation – Speaker/Faculty Education(NC);
- Van Beek, Marta Jane, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Sullivan / Overview
Dr. Van Beek / DataDerm Update 2019
Dr. Desai / Compounding Update 2019
Dr. Rogers / Just the Beginning: The .25 modifier and More 2019 Update
Dr. Sullivan / SOP and TIA Update 2019
Dr. Coldiron / The Cold Iron Truth 2019: Thoughts and Perspectives
All faculty / Panel Discussion