F011 - Pediatric Dermatology M&M
Friday, March 1; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify gaps in communication that lead to error.
- Differentiate adverse events that are risks of therapy or disease and those that result from error.
- Discuss strategies for handling and coping with adverse events.
Morbidity and mortality sessions provide caregivers with a structured forum to review adverse outcomes in medicine. Our session will be a case-based review of complications encountered while caring for children in both inpatient and outpatient settings. We will review cases that provide teaching points to improve care by decreasing errors in communication and practice. Cases will also solidify the difference between adverse events that can be avoided and those that are inherent risks of illness. This forum is a blameless environment to help all of us learn.
- Boos, Markus, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Coughlin, Carrie C., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Huang, Jennifer T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Maguiness, Sheilagh M., MD: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(H);
- Rosman, Ilana, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Coughlin / Welcome and introduction
Dr. Rosman / Case 1
All faculty / Case 1 Panel discussion
Dr. Maguiness / Case 2
All faculty / Case 2 Panel discussion
Dr. Boos / Case 3
All faculty / Case 3 Panel discussion
Dr. Huang / Case 4
All faculty / Case 4 Panel discussion
All faculty / Questions for the panel
Dr. Coughlin / Closing