F012 - Lesson Learned – Infections That Bit Us, Don’t let them Get You!
Friday, March 1; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose cutaneous infectious diseases more effectively.
- Select best diagnostic testing for cutaneous infectious diseases.
- Discuss the key clinical and pathologic features of cutaneous infectious diseases.
Infectious skin diseases can present with a myriad of clinical findings that can mimic other infectious and non-infectious diseases making rapid diagnosis a challenge. This is especially true in the setting of immunosuppression when clinical findings are masked and quick diagnosis is essential. We will present cases from our own practices that were diagnostic challenges. This will be a fast-paced interactive session focusing on challenging cases of infectious diseases.
- Bennett, Daniel D., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Piliang, Melissa, MD: Eli Lilly and Company – I(NC); Pfizer Inc. – I(NC); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H);
- Tetzlaff, Michael, MD, PhD: Myriad Genetics Inc – A(Fees); Novartis – A(Fees); Seattle Genetics – C(Fees);
Dr. Piliang / Introduction
Dr. Piliang / Lesson Learned – Infections That Bit Me, Don’t let them Get You!
Dr. Piliang / Questions
Dr. Bennett / Lesson Learned – Infections That Bit Me, Don’t let them Get You!
Dr. Bennett / Questions
Dr. Tetzlaff / Lesson Learned – Infections That Bit Me, Don’t let them Get You!
Dr. Tetzlaff / Questions
All faculty / Questions/Wrap Up