F014 - Multidisciplinary Management of Chronic GVHD
Friday, March 1; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the variable skin and mucosal manifestation of GVHD
- Recognize the skin and mucosal manifestations that are most likely to lead to severe sequelae/damage and require aggressive therapy
- Treat skin manifestations using a multi-modality approach with topical and systemic therapies as well as supportive care measures
GVHD is a multisystem disease with protean skin manifestations as well as frequent involvement of the oral, ocular and genital mucosae. This session will utilize Dermatology and non-Dermatology sub-specialists in the NIH GVHD multidisciplinary program to provide a framework for coordinated management of GVHD focusing on skin and mucosal manifestations. This will include a comprehensive approach to care, including topical and systemic therapy, adaptive tools and rehabilitation measures.
- Bishop, Rachel, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Comis, Leora, MPA: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Cowen, Edward W., MD: Elsevier Inc. – O(OB); UpToDate, Inc – O(OB);
- Mays, Jacqueline: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Naik, Haley, MD: AbbVie – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Rosenstein, Rachel, MD, PhD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – SH(ST);
Dr. Cowen / Introduction
Dr. Rosenstein / Pathophysiology of skin GVHD
Dr. Bishop / Ocular manifestations of GVHD
Dr. Mays / Oral manifestations of GVHD
Dr. Naik / Gynecologic manifestations of GVHD
Comis / Adaptive strategies for patients with skin sclerosis
Dr. Cowen / Management of skin GVHD
All faculty / Discussion