F024 - Advanced Management of the Dermatologic Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases
Friday, March 1; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify common cutaneous manifestations of connective tissue diseases where dermatologists can play a role in therapy
- Formulate a plan for therapy in severe or treatment resistant cases
Autoimmune connective tissue diseases are complex multi-organ diseases but most have prominent cutaneous manifestations (Photosensitivity, Raynaud's, ulcerations, calcinosis cutis, itch). Although these disease components have a considerable impact on patient quality of life given they are not life-threatening, and in the domain of dermatologists, they are often under-treated by other specialists. This session, aimed at practicing medical dermatologists who may see these patients in consults, is designed to review the newest medications in these diseases, and ways to optimize management of severe or treatment resistant cases.
- Argobi, Yahya A, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Elmariah, Sarina, MD: AOBiome, LLC – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Science 37, Inc. – C(NC);
- Fedeles, Flavia, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Merola, Joseph, MD, MSc: AbbVie – C(H); Amgen – A(H); Celgene Corporation – C(H); Dermavant Sciences – I(Fees); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – C(H); LEO Laboratories Ltd (LEO Pharma) – I(Fees); Merck – C(H); Novartis – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – I(Fees); Sanofi/Regeneron – C(H); UCB – C(H);
- Smith, Gideon, MD: AbbVie – I(Grants/Research Funding); Allergan, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Vleugels, Ruth Ann, MD: Pfizer Inc. – I(Fees);
- Wetter, David A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Smith / Introduction
Dr. Smith / Pearls of Calcinosis Cutis Management
Dr. Vleugels / Treatment resistant cutaneous dermatomyositis
Dr. Fedeles / Management of Recalcitrant Raynaud's and Digital Ulcerations
Dr. Merola / Update on cutaneous lupus treatments
Dr. Argobi / Sjogren's Disease and Sicca Symptoms
Dr. Wetter / Cutaneous Manifestations of Fibromylagia
Dr. Elmariah / Management of Itch in Connective Tissue Disease