F027 - Women’s Health Therapeutic Hotline
Friday, March 1; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Review new therapies for women with androgenetic alopecia, including platelet rich plasma, and hormonal therapies available for acne.
- Outline the safety consideration of medications use in commonly treated skin disease in pregnancy and common cosmetic procedures, including the ethics of treating aesthetic patients in pregnancy.
- Discuss appropriate workup and management of vulvar skin lesions.
This therapeutics symposium highlights cutting edge issues in women’s health in dermatology. We will review new therapies available for androgenetic alopecia and describe how to optimize use of hormonal therapy for acne. We will discuss both the safety and ethics of aesthetic procedures on a woman’s pregnancy and pearls in managing both skin disease (atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, pemphigus, acne) in pregnancy. Finally, we will discuss the appropriate workup and management of vulvar skin lesions. This course is packed with clinical pearls for dermatologists who provide medical, surgical and aesthetic care for women of all ages.
- Kroumpouzos, George, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Murase, Jenny Eileen, MD: Ferndale Laboratories, Inc. – C(H); Regeneron – Speaker/Faculty Education(NC); Sanofi/Regeneron – C(H); UCB – C(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- Pomeranz, Miriam Keltz, MD: Procter & Gamble Company – A(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(IP);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Shapiro, Jerry, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc. – A(H); Applied Biology – C(H); Bayer Consumer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals – C(NC); Bioniz Therapeutics – A(Fees); Cassiopea SpA – A(NC); Incyte Corporation – C(NC); Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company – C(H); L'Oréal France – C(H); RegenLab – I(Grants/Research Funding); RepliCel Life Sciences – F(ST); Samumed, LLC – A(H);
Dr. Schlosser / Hormonal therapy of acne
Dr. Shapiro / Therapy update for androgenetic alopecia in women
Dr. Schlosser and Dr. Shapiro / Q&A
Dr. Pomeranz / Lumps and bumps on the vulva
Dr. Murase / Pearls in managing skin disease in pregnancy
Dr. Kroumpouzos / Safety and ethics of cosmetic procedures in pregnancy
Dr. Murase, Dr. Pomeranz, and Dr. Kroumpouzos / Q&A