F033 - Oral Diseases
Friday, March 1; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Perform a complete oral exam and recognize common variants
- Evaluate and treat conditions of the tongue more effectively.
- Assess and perform oral biopsies.
In this session, we will review how to perform the oral examination. Common findings and variants will be presented. We will further emphasize conditions and diseases that have a prominent presentation on the tongue. We will highlight the approach to and diagnosis of patients with a variety of tongue troubles. A focus on how to successfully perform oral biopsies while avoiding common pitfalls such as bleeding and scarring will be presented.
- Mirowski, Ginat W., MD, DMD: UpToDate, Inc. – O(H);
- Rogers, Roy Steele III, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Mirowski / Introduction to the oral examination
Dr. Rogers / Ten Tongue Troubles
Dr. Mirowski / Oral biopsy–pearls for successful techniques
All faculty / Questions and Answers