F040 - DataDerm and Quality Reporting for Public & Private Payors
Friday, March 1; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and importance and challenges of measuring outcomes in the clinical practice in dermatology
- Discuss the AAD efforts at registry, measure, and case mix indices
- Summarize DataDerm application to MIPS and other quality and research efforts
The AAD patient data registry, DataDerm, has been launched and is in the early phases of its deployment. It has had stellar successes in terms of early growth and has collected a wealth of data. This session will examine the goals of this effort and the milestones met thus far. We will also examine the challenges to developing a broader scope of registry functions which can add tremendous value to the practice of dermatology and the patients we serve, and describe the efforts of the AAD and affiliated organizations to meet those challenges.
- Chen, Suephy C., MD: BioPharmX – O(IP); Dermecular Therapeutics – O(IP); Leo Pharma Inc. – A(H); Phoenix Tissue Repair – O(IP); Trevi Therapeutics – O(IP); Unilever – O(IP);
- Gottlieb, Alice B., MD, PhD: AbbVie – C(H), SP(H); amgen – A(H); Avotres, Inc. – C(NC); BMS – A(H); Boehringer Ingelheim – I(Grants/Research Funding); Celgene Corporation – A(H); Dermira – C(H); Eli Lilly and Company – SP(H); Incyte Corporation – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Janssen Biotech – A(H), SP(H); Janssen-Ortho Inc. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); LEO Pharma, US – A(H); Lilly ICOS LLC – C(H); Novartis – A(H), C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – C(H); UCB – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); XBiotech – C(NC), I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Swerlick, Robert, MD: AbbVie – SH(NC); Amgen – SH(NC); Biogen – SH(NC); Bristol-Myers Squibb – SH(NC); Gilead Sciences – SH(NC); InVivo Therapeutics Corporation – SH(NC); Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – SH(NC); Pfizer Inc. – SH(NC); Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated – SH(NC);
- Van Beek, Marta Jane, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Swerlick / Data registries, outcomes, and the changing tasks of medicine/dermatology
Dr. Van Beek / DataDerm: Your participation counts
Dr. Chen / Challenges in keeping score - Case Mix indices and tracking who does the hard stuff
Dr. Gottlieb / Outcome Measures for Clinical Practice: Don't Get Mad, Get Data