F047 - Medical Dermatology Challenge: Complex Cases From the Collection of Dr. Samuel Moschella
Saturday, March 2; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate a differential diagnosis for complex dermatologic presentations
- Discuss the salient features of complex presentations in arriving at a final diagnosis
- Describe the important therapeutic interventions in treating complex disorders
As the dermatologist is called to treat a more diverse and complex set of disorders, this session aims to illustrate several cases that require detailed history taking, complex and rare physical exam features and intricate therapeutic maneuvers. Cases from the library of Dr. Samuel Moschella will be used in a case-based teaching session to illustrate pitfalls of history taking, physical examination and clinicopathologic correlation. In addition, the cases will be used as a historical perspective of the evolution of the field, its advances and challenges.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Lipworth, Adam D., MD: Modernizing Medicine – SH(ST);
- Mikailov, Anar, MD: Boston Skin Science – F(NC);
- Moschella, Samuel Leonard, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Nambudiri, Vinod, MD, MBA: McGraw-Hill Companies – O(OB);
- Saavedra, Arturo P., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Tan, Jennifer, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Tan / Introduction and Cases 1-2
Dr. Lipworth / Cases 3-5
Dr. Nambudiri / Cases 6-11
Dr. Mikailov / Cases 12-15
Dr. Moschella / Cases 16-18
All faculty / Question and Answer