F060 - Novel Therapies for Cutaneous Malignancies: What's New and What's Ahead
Saturday, March 2; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Distinguish appropriate use of current and novel therapies in cutaneous malignancies.
- Recognize and manage known common side effects of therapies utilized in cutaneous malignancies.
- Recognize the correct clinical setting in which these therapies are best indicated.
Several recent advances in the molecular biology of cutaneous oncology have culminated in the development of multiple targeted therapies. As cutaneous oncology moves towards a more personalized approach, dermatologists should be aware of the multitude of therapies that exist and where current ongoing research is heading, to ensure that patients are provided with the most appropriate treatments. Knowledge of the biological mechanisms of the drugs and their effects will improve patient counseling and quality of care.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Alani, Rhoda Myra, MD: Acylin Therapeutics, Inc – F(Fees);
- Brownell, Isaac, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Epstein, Ervin H. Jr., MD: PellePharm, Inc. – F(ST);
- Kim, Ellen J., MD: Actelion – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma USA – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Helsinn Healthcare – C(H); Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Medimmune – I(Grants/Research Funding); Solgenix LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Sahni, Debjani, MBBS, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Swetter, Susan M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Alani / Novel Therapies in Melanoma - The Targeted Approach
Dr. Swetter / Novel Therapies in Melanoma - The Immunotherapy Approach
Dr. Kim / Therapy Updates for Cutaneous Lymphoma
Dr. Brownell / Novel Therapies in Merkel Cell Carcinoma
Dr. Sahni / Emerging Therapies for Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Dr. Epstein / Hedgehog Inhibitors for BCC
All faculty / Q&A