F061 - Practical Guidelines for Using Spironolactone in Acne Patients
Saturday, March 2; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize which patients are good candidates for spironolactone treatment.
- Prescribe spironolactone safely.
- Describe side effects of spironolactone.
This session will discuss necessary information for the provider wishing to prescribe spironolactone. The session will focus on the use of spironolactone for acne but will briefly address other uses of spironolactone. The attendee will learn which patients are good candidates for spironolactone, common and uncommon side effects of spironolactone and monitoring considerations.
- Graber, Emmy M., MD, MBA: 3Derm Systems – C(H); Keratin Biosciences – C(H); Sebcaia, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sol-Gel Technologies – C(H);
- Harper, Julie Claire, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc – SP(H); Aqua – C(H); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – I(Fees), O(H); BioPharmX – A(H); Dermira – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Galderma USA – SP(H); La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Pharmaceutique – SP(H); Novan – A(H); Promius Pharma, LLC – SP(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – C(Fees); Taro Pharm – A(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – SP(H);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Sivamani, Raja, MD: Burt's Bees – C(Fees); Dermala, Inc. – A(SO); DermVeda – A(NC);