F062 - Hot Topics in Global Dermatology
Saturday, March 2; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the agencies that have dermatologic global health projects and initiatives
- Recognize global health challenges in the filed of dermatology
- Identify projects and agencies that fit best with individual objectives of audience members
This year's forum will introduce the audience to key agencies through the US and the world that host dermatologic initiatives. By presenting the various viewpoints of each agency, an audience member will be exposed to the hot topics and challenges in global dermatology and will be able to match his/her interests with those of the presenters' interests and their association's agendas. This forum is meant to spur ideas in dermatologists of all age groups whose interests are broad and international.
- Freeman, Esther Ellen, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Fuller, Claire, MD: L'Oreal UK & Ireland – E(S);
- Kilmarx, Peter: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Maurer, Toby A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Maurer / Intro - Clinical and Research Careers in Global Dermatology
Kilmarx / Research Careers in Global Dermatology-Fogarty, NIH and CDC
Dr. Freeman / Journey to the K award from a real life awardee
Dr. Fuller / Careers in Global Derm from the WHO perspective
All faculty / Panel Discussion and Audience questions