F072 - M&M for the Medical Dermatologist: Case-based Lessons
Saturday, March 2; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine complications in the management of difficult problems in medical dermatology.
- Identify potential sources of error in medical decision making in complex cases.
- Discuss adverse outcomes in critically ill dermatology patients.
Highly challenging cases in medical dermatology will be presented in the format of a Morbidity and Mortality conference. Emphasis will be placed on scenarios with the possibility of medical errors, adverse drug reactions and other complications. Cases will be presented in an interactive format to a panel of medical dermatology and dermatopathology experts, in a 'no-judgement' environment in which these issues can be explored candidly.
- Elston, Dirk Michael, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Fox, Lindy Peta, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Miller, Daniel D., MD: JAMA – E(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Rosenbach, Misha, MD: aTyr Pharma – C(H); Derm101 – Independent Contractor(H); JAMA – E(S); Merck & Co., Inc – C(H); Promet Therapeutics, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
All faculty / Case Presentations and Panel Discussion