F074 - Acne, Hair Loss and Hirsutism Evaluation and Management
Saturday, March 2; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose polycystic ovary syndrome more effectively.
- Diagnose and treat female pattern alopecia more effectively.
- Treat acne and hirsutism more effectively.
This session will focus on three disorders that affect the health and well-being of women: acne, hair loss and hirsutism. Overlap of these diagnoses with polycystic ovary syndrome as well as the latest evidence on hormonal therapies for acne and hirsutism will be discussed. Non-medical treatments for hirsutism will also be reviewed.
- Harper, Julie Claire, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc – SP(H); Aqua – C(H); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – I(Fees), O(H); BioPharmX – A(H); Dermira – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Galderma USA – SP(H); La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Pharmaceutique – SP(H); Novan – A(H); Promius Pharma, LLC – SP(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – C(Fees); Taro Pharm – A(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – SP(H);
- Makredes Senna, Maryanne, MD: Cassiopia – A(Fees); Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees); Follica – I(EQ);
- Reynolds, Rachel Victoria Sabbag, MD: Edwards Lifesciences – C(Fees); Medtronics – C(Fees);
- Tsao, Sandy Sharon, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Reynolds / Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: What Every Dermatologist Needs to know
Dr. Reynolds / Q & A
Dr. Harper / Update on Hormonal Therapies for Acne and Hirsutism
Dr. Harper / Q & A
Dr. Tsao / Update on Non-Medical Treatments for Hirsutism
Dr. Makredes Senna / Treatment of Female Pattern Hair Loss: New Insights
Dr. Makredes Senna / Q & A