F075 - Pediatric Dermoscopy
Saturday, March 2; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Utilize dermoscopy in the pediatric patients for pigmented and not pigmented skin lesions and for inflammatory, infectious and inherited skin and appendage disorders.
- Recognize those pediatric skin conditions in which dermoscopy may enhance the clinical diagnosis and assist in therapeutic monitoring
- Choose the most appropriate technical devices and magnifications for each condition
Dermoscopy is a non-invasive technique which allows a magnified (X10-X1000) in vivo observation of the skin. It has revolutionized the approach to pigmented lesions, greatly improving the diagnostic accuracy, and it is also very useful in the diagnosis, follow-up and therapeutic monitoring of a large variety of inflammatory/infectious skin disorders. Being non-invasive, dermoscopy is particularly suitable for its use in the pediatric population, in which invasive diagnostic procedures may be difficult to carry out. The aim of this session is to advance knowledge on the use of dermoscopy in skin lesions, dermatoses and appendage disorders typical of the pediatric age.
- Lacarrubba, Francesco, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Malvehy, Joseph, MD: Cedilp – F(S); Taylor & Francis – O(IP);
- Micali, Giuseppe A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Piraccini, Bianca Maria, MD: Canfield Scientific, Inc. – C(Fees); ISDIN – C(Fees); L'Oréal France – A(Fees); Pierre Fabre Dermo Cosmetique France – A(Fees);
- Tosti, Antonella, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. – A(H); Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(H); DS Laboratories – C(Fees); Fotofinder – C(EQ); Incyte Corporation – C(H); Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG – A(H); Kythera – A(H); Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd – A(H); MSD – SP(H); Novartis – A(H); PharmaDerm – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – C(H); Polichem SA – A(H); Procter & Gamble Company – A(H); Springer Science & Business Media – O(IP); Taylor & Francis – O(IP); topica – C(Fees); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – C(Fees); Viamet Pharmaceuticals, Inc – A(H);
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Micali / Introduction
Dr. Malvehy / Melanocytic lesions
Dr. Micali / Infectious diseases
Dr. Lacarrubba / Inflammatory diseases and other skin conditions
Dr. Tosti / Hair disorders
Dr. Piraccini / Nail disorders
All faculty / Discussion