F077 - Itch
Saturday, March 2; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the optimal treatment strategy for treating itch in chronic and/or refractory urticaria and dermatitis.
- Develop a systematic approach to managing chronic itch of the elderly.
- Incorporate a wide variety of immunosuppressive and neuromodulatory agents into management of chronic pruritus.
Chronic pruritus, arising idiopathically or in association with cutaneous or systemic disease, may be incapacitating. This session is meant for the clinician who wants to understand how itch arises and how best to approach itch management in different clinical scenarios, including but not limited to itch associated with advancing age, systemic and neuropathic disease, urticaria and allergic disorders. Expert itch clinicians will explain the current understanding of itch pathophysiology and risk factors, and will communicate their experience in the diagnosis and management of challenging itches including systemic contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, autoimmune-related itches, refractory urticaria and itch of the elderly
- Chisolm, Sarah Scott, MD: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – A(H); Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – A(H); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H);
- Cohen, David Eric, MD: Bickel Biotechnology – B(SO); Celgene – A(H); Cutanea Life Sciences – A(H); Dermira – B(Fees), B(ST); Facilitation of International Dermatology Education – C(H); Ferndale Laboratories, Inc. – C(H); Ferrer – A(H); Kadmon Corporation, LLC – B(Fees); Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – C(H), C(SO); Novartis – C(H);
- Elmariah, Sarina, MD: AOBiome, LLC – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Science 37, Inc. – C(NC);
- Leslie, Tabi Anika, MBBS: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Yosipovitch, Gil, MD: Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – A(H); Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – C(H); OPKO Health, Inc – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H); Sienna Biopharmaceuticals – A(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Trevi Therapeutics – A(H);
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Elmariah / Introduction
Dr. Cohen / Systemic contact dermatitis
Dr. Leslie / Chronic urticaria and mastocytosis
Dr. Chisolm / Type I and type IV crossover allergies
Dr. Yosipovitch / Itch in the Elderly