F085 - Caring for the Cancer Patient: Challenging Cases From Inpatient and Outpatient Oncodermatology Consultative Services
Sunday, March 3; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify possible challenging side effects of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and/or radiation and discuss potential management strategies.
- Discuss possible challenging long-term manifestations of cancer treatment, such as graft-versus-host disease after stem cell transplant or medication side effects, and discuss potential management strategies.
- Identify potential infectious diseases that can occur in the setting of immunosuppression due to cancer therapy, as well as manifestations of cutaneous metastases.
Dermatologic issues are one of the most common complications in patients undergoing cancer therapy. Knowledge of mucocutaneous toxicities to chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiation, neoplasms in cancer patients (particularly cutaneous metastases), paraneoplastic syndromes, complications of stem cell transplant, and infectious diseases of the immunosuppressed is critical in distinguishing the numerous dermatologic conditions that can arise in a patient undergoing cancer treatment. This session will cover these key topics in the field of Oncodermatology through illustrative and challenging cases seen at different academic cancer centers to enhance the knowledge of dermatologists, residents, and other practitioners caring for cancer patients.
- Choi, Jennifer N., MD: Array BioPharma – A(Fees); Bayer – SP(Fees); Biotest Laboratories, Inc. – A(H); Bristol-Myers Squibb – A(Fees); Incyte Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – A(Fees); OnQuality Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – A(Fees); Veloce BioPharma LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Guggina, Lauren Marie, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kwong, Bernice, MD: Genentech, Inc. – C(Fees);
- LeBoeuf, Nicole, MD: Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- Leventhal, Jonathan Scott, MD: Amgen – A(H);
Dr. Choi / Introduction
Dr. LeBoeuf / Challenging Cases from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dr. Leventhal / Challenging Cases From Yale Cancer Center
Dr. Guggina / Challenging Cases from Northwestern/Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dr. Kwong / Challenging Cases from Stanford Cancer Center
All faculty / Q&A