F099 - Can You Hear Me Now? Effective Dialogue 2+2=5
Sunday, March 3; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of mindful listening for effective communication.
- Appreciate the impact of one’s own lens during communication.
- Demonstrate skills for staying in dialogue when communication becomes difficult.
When you’re communicating with others, it’s likely you already know whether you succeed or bomb. But can you be getting and giving more through dialogue? Dialogue is more than just information exchange or explanation. Truly effective dialogue is win-win, when the whole is greater than the sum of parts. Dialogue can provide clarity, satisfaction, opportunity and growth. This session will provide tools and practice for mindful listening, for analyzing our view of others’ intentions, and for staying engaged when communication becomes challenging. Bring your most challenging real-life scenarios and discover what better dialogue can do for you!
- Marathe, Kalyani, MD, MPH: Eli Lilly and Company – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sanova Works – Independent Contractor(H);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
All faculty / Can You Hear Me Now? Effective Dialogue