F116 - Superficial, Medium, and Deep Chemical Peeling and Relevance in 2019
Monday, March 4; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Apply chemical peeling approaches to common medical and cosmetic indications
- Describe safety considerations and cost-effectiveness of medium depth and deep chemical peels
This year's forum on chemical peeling brings together an international panel of experts to address topics of interest to both the novice and the advanced chemical peeler. We will review superficial, medium, and deep chemical peels, with a focus on medical indications, such as acne, melasma, actinic keratosis, as well as cosmetic indications, including wrinkles, lentigines, and a novel technique for lip augmentation without injection: the lip peel. Segmental chemical peels that combine medium and deep peels and safety considerations in deep peels will be reviewed. Video will be used to teach application technique.
- Brody, Harold J., MD: Allergan, Inc. – SP(H); Galderma Laboratories, LP – SP(H); Merz Aesthetics – SP(H);
- Keller, Emily Catherine, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Landau, Marina, MD: Almirall – A(H); Galderma USA – SP(H); Ipsen – A(H); Merz Aesthetics – A(H);
- Lee, Kachiu Cecilia, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rullan, Jennifer M, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Soon, Seaver, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sterling, J. Barton, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Wambier, Carlos, MD: Allergan, Inc. – A(Fees); Cynosure – Speaker/Faculty Education(Fees); Galderma Brasil Ltda – SP(Fees);
Dr. Soon and Dr. Brody / Introduction
Dr. Rullan / Acne and acne scarring
Dr. Landau / Melasma: epidermal, dermal, and mixed
Dr. Keller / Actinic keratosis
Dr. Lee / Lentigines and dyschromia; cost-effectiveness of resurfacing modalities
Dr. Sterling / Segmental deep chemical peels
Dr. Wambier / The Lip peel
Dr. Wambier / Safety considerations in phenol-croton oil peeling
All faculty / Conclusion & discussion