F126 - The Pregnant Pause: How to Evaluate and Treat Your Pregnant Patients
Monday, March 4; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate and manage melanocytic lesions in the pregnant patient.
1. Develop treatment plans for pregnant patients with common dermatologic diagnoses.
- Recognize and treat specific dermatoses of pregnancy.
Dermatologists face multiple challenges when evaluating and treating the pregnant patient. Treatment of acne and psoriasis is difficult; risks to the fetus limit the number of evidence-based studies concerning drug therapy. Concerning melanocytic lesions, do nevi change during pregnancy, and if melanoma is diagnosed, is there a poor prognosis? Infections and infestation may present a risk for mother and fetus, and treatment options may be limited. Several dermatoses are specific for pregnancy; early recognition and management may be important to prevent adverse effects on the fetus. This forum will review these topics and provide therapeutic recommendations.
- Driscoll, Marcia S., MD: UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Grant-Kels, Jane Margaret, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Keri, Jonette Elizabeth, MD, PhD: Dermira – A(H); Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. – C(Fees); Ortho Dermatologics – A(H); Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – A(H); Sonoma Pharmaceuticals – A(NC); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – A(H);
- Pomeranz, Miriam Keltz, MD: Procter & Gamble Company – A(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(IP);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Strober, Bruce Elliot, MD, PhD: AbbVie – A(H), C(H), I(NC), O(NC); Affibody – C(Fees); Almirall – C(H); Amgen – C(H), I(NC); Arena Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees); Boehringer Ingelheim – C(H), I(NC); Bristol-Myers Squibb – A(H), C(Fees); Celgene Corporation – A(H), C(H), I(NC); Dermavant Sciences, Inc. – C(Fees); Dermira – A(H), C(H); Eli Lilly and Company – A(H), C(H), I(NC); Galderma Research & Development, LLC – I(NC); GlaxoSmithKline – C(H); Janssen-Ortho Inc. – A(H), C(H), I(NC), O(NC); Leo Pharma Inc – C(H); Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – C(H); Merck & Co., Inc – I(NC); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – A(H), C(H); Ortho Dermatologics – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), C(H), I(NC); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H), C(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – A(H), C(H), I(NC); UCB – A(H), C(Fees);
Dr. Driscoll / Introduction
Dr. Keri / Treatment of Acne in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Grant-Kels / Evaluation and Management of Nevi and Melanoma in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Pomeranz / Specific Dermatoses of Pregnancy
Dr. Schlosser / Treatment of infections and Infestation in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Strober / Treatment of Psoriasis in the Pregnant Patient
All faculty / Questions and Discussion