F128 - An Evidence-based Approach to Nails: Expert Management of Common Problems
Monday, March 4; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Differentiate and treat inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases that affect the nails.
- Prepare a nail specimen for their pathologist that will increase their likelihood of an accurate diagnosis.
- Diagnose chronic and acute nail conditions.
This is a high-yield session on nails for the general dermatologist. Expert nail specialists will demystify the management of common nail conditions so that you feel confident in your diagnosis and treatment plan. We will cover procedural and medical management of acute and chronic disorders, malignancy diagnosis, and pediatric conditions.
- Adigun, Chris, MD: Celgene Corporation – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Cipher Pharmaceuticals – A(H); Ortho Dermatologics – SP(H); Sandoz, a Novartis company – A(H); Sciton Inc. – SP(H); YouVeeShield – C(SO);
- Bellet, Jane S., MD: Merck & Co., Inc. – SH(NC); Pfizer Inc. – A(H);
- Rieder, Evan, MD: BMS – C(Fees); UCB – Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees); Unilever – C(Fees);
- Starace, Michela, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Stern, Dana WK, MD: Nuskin – C(S);
- Thompson, Curtis T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Vlahovic, Tracey C., DPM: Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – I(NC);
- Yost, John, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Bellet / Expert Management of Pediatric Nails
Dr. Adigun / Nail Psoriasis: What are the Current Options?
Dr. Rieder / Nail Management Pearls That Will Elevate Your Practice
Dr. Stern / Brittle Nails: What is the latest evidence on etiology and management?
Dr. Starace / Onychoscopy in General Dermatology
Dr. Vlahovic / Pincer Nails
Dr. Thompson / How to Submit a Proper Nail Specimen to Pathology
Dr. Yost / Nail Procedures for Common Problems