D005 - How to Create an Unforgettably Positive Patient Experience
Sunday, March 3; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify techniques that boost your patients’ appreciation for their encounters with you and your office, thereby elevating patient satisfaction scores and making you happier.
- Recognize how a unifying vision and written behavioral standards can create an ideal office culture.
- Apply these methods to cosmetic, surgical, and general dermatology practices in private or academic settings.
We will share characteristics of patient-oriented practices that attract, keep, and satisfy the many kinds of patients we see. We will discuss interpersonal interactions, communication techniques, office atmosphere, employee engagement, and more. We will give you tips on developing standards of behavior for your employees that will lead to an exceptional office culture. This session is for those who desire better days ahead; also valuable for residents starting practice. Three seasoned physicians will employ instructive sessions interspersed with audience discussions. Topics you wish to have addressed or success stories of your own may be sent in advance to DermQuestion@gmail.com.
- Ellis, Charles N., MD: AbbVie – C(NC); Asana Biosciences, LLC – C(Fees); BirchBioMed – B(SO), C(Fees); Celgene – C(Fees); Lattice System – F(IP); Leo Pharma A/S – Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees); Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. – C(Fees); Senju Pharmaceutical Co. – C(Fees); Sensus Healthcare – C(Fees); VisualDx – C(SO);
- Marks, Victor James, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shama, Steven Kenneth, MD, MPH: Delphin Global – F(NC);
Dr. Ellis / Introduction
Dr. Marks / Leading your Team to a Culture of Exceptional Care
Dr. Marks and Dr. Shama / Q&A and Commentary
Dr. Ellis / Ten Easy Steps to Improving Patient Experiences and Your Happiness
Dr. Ellis and Dr. Shama / Q&A and Commentary