C013 - The Masters Approach to Advanced Closures
Saturday, March 2; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Analyze the mechanics and dynamics of surgical repairs—including a wide variety of flaps and grafts—as demonstrated by masters in surgical dermatology.
- Select ideal surgical repairs for defects of various sizes and locations.
- Interact and discuss with faculty the mechanics and dynamics of defect repairs, as well as the pros and cons of choosing various defect repairs.
The first half of this new, unique and interactive course will delve into the mechanics and dynamics of defect repair techniques—including advancement, transposition, interpolated and unusual flaps; island pedicle repairs; and full thickness as well as composite grafts—in order to achieve outstanding surgical outcomes. The second half of the course will be interactive, with the audience voting on repair technique options for cases presented by the faculty. There will be time for faculty and audience discussion of the thought processes used to determine the surgical repair techniques most likely to achieve the best surgical outcomes.
- Alam, Murad, MD: Pulse Biosciences – C(Fees);
- Cook, Jonathan L., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Mariwalla, Kavita, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – C(Fees); Galderma Argentina, S.A. – SP(Fees); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Skinfix, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Weinstein, Andrew Hart, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Yag-Howard, Cyndi Jill, MD: Merz Aesthetics – C(H); Sciton Inc. – SP(H);
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Yag-Howard / introduction and Course Overview
Dr. Alam / Advancement Flaps—Burow’s
Dr. Weinstein / Advancement Flaps—Rotation
Dr. Mariwalla / Advancement Flaps—M/W Plasty
Dr. Yag-Howard / Advancement Flaps—H-Plasty/Unilateral/Bilateral
Dr. Weinstein / Advancement Flaps—V-to-Y
Dr. Alam / Transposition Flaps—Rhombic
Dr. Yag-Howard / Transposition Flaps—Bilobed/Multilobed
Dr. Cook / Interpolated and Unusual Flaps
Dr. Mariwalla / Grafts—Full Thickness
Dr. Cook / Grafts—Composite
All faculty / Faculty and Audience Interactive Session with Case Presentations and Audience Participation