C021 - Coding and Documentation
Monday, March 4; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Utilize current codes and documentation rules for procedural and medical services appropriately
- Apply new coding guidelines to common clinical scenarios
- Distinguish correct from incorrect coding and documentation, thereby reducing the risk of noncompliance
This session reviews current coding and documentation guidelines for procedural and E/M coding. New codes and rules introduced in the last year will be discussed. Case-based tips for ensuring compliance and correct coding will be offered. Finally, emerging and future trends in coding and documentation will be considered.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Alam, Murad, MD: Pulse Biosciences – C(Fees);
- Haas, Ann F., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- MacCormack, Mollie A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Miller, Alexander, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Moody, Brent R., MD: Genentech, Inc. – SP(H); Regeneron – SP(H); Sanofi/Regeneron – SP(H);
- Rogers, Howard Wooding, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Alam / Welcome and Introductions
Dr. Haas / Teledermatology and E/M Code Revisions
Dr. Rogers / Modifier -25 and General Surgical Coding
Dr. MacCormack / Appropriate Use of Modifiers
Dr. Moody / RUC Update
Dr. Miller / Flaps and Grafts, New Biopsy Codes, and CPT Updates
All faculty / Audience Questions and Comments