C023 - Fundamentals of Dermoscopy
Monday, March 4; 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify melanoma specific dermoscopic features in pigmented lesions.
- Identify the most common dermoscopic patterns of benign melanocytic nevi, including dysplastic and Spitz nevi.
- Identify dermoscopic features suggestive of malignancy in epithelial tumors of the skin such as basal and squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
This session will cover and review the entire spectrum of dermoscopic findings in benign and malignant melanocytic and non-melanocytic neoplasms. This will cover site specific lesions, classic examples as well as difficult lesions and mimickers. In addition to the didactic teaching of dermoscopy, several unknowns sessions will test the attendees on the material covered.
- Ciurea, Ana M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Gerami, Pedram, MD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – C(H); DermTech International – C(H); Myriad Genetics Inc – C(H);
- Hernandez, Claudia, MD: JAMA – O(S);
- Lee, Jason Bok, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Longo, Caterina, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Marghoob, Ashfaq A., MD: 3Gen, LLC – C(NC), O(EQ), O(NC), SP(H); American Dermoscopy Meeting – F(OB); Canfield Scientific, Inc. – C(NC), O(EQ), O(NC); Heine – C(NC), O(EQ); Informa HealthCare – O(OB); JP Medical Publishers – O(OB); Springer Publishing – O(OB); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Martini, Mary C., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Stein, Jennifer A., MD, PhD: MoleSafe, Inc. – O(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(IP);
- Zhou, Xiaolong Alan, MD, MSc: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Hernandez / 2 step analysis
Longo / Benign and dysplastic nevi
Dr. Martini / Melanoma
Dr. Martini / Melanocytic unknowns
Dr. Zhou / Benign non-melanocytic lesions
Dr. Lee / Malignant non-melanocytic lesions
Dr. Marghoob / Dermoscopy path correlates
Dr. Marghoob / Dermoscopy unknowns
Dr. Gerami / Spitz benign and malignant
Dr. Gerami / Unknowns
Dr. Stein / Anatomic variants in dermoscopy
Dr. Ciurea / Dermoscopy mimickers