U009 - Neonatal Inpatient Consults
Friday, March 1; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate a differential diagnosis for more benign and serious neonatal skin conditions
- Recognize clinical clues and identify bedside diagnostic tests and other testing that can help make the diagnosis
- Select the most appropriate management strategies for the hospitalized neonate
This session will review a variety of benign and serious neonatal skin conditions seen in the neonatal intensive care unit or nursery. Diagnostic and management strategies will be discussed. The important role that a dermatologist plays in the team caring for the patient will be reviewed.
- Awasthi, Smita, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Diaz, Lucia Zoraida, MD: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(NC); Pfizer Inc. – I(NC), Speaker/Faculty Education(Non-accredited CME Education Grant); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Matiz, Catalina, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Awasthi, Dr. Matiz, and Dr. Diaz / Inpatient consults