U017 - The Who, What, and When in Pediatric Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Friday, March 1; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize that pediatric allergic contact dermatitis is prevalent and should be considered.
- Assess for pediatric allergic contact dermatitis through appropriate application of patch testing.
- Describe the most common contact allergens in children through the use of published prevalence data
The purpose of this session is to provide dermatologists and pediatric dermatologists with the tools to recognize, diagnose, and treat allergic contact dermatitis in children. Clinical cases illustrating the benefit of patch testing in children will be discussed as well as strategies on how to patch test young children. The most relevant allergens and how to avoid them will also be discussed allowing dermatologists to effectively counsel their youngest patients and parents.
- Treat, James R., MD: Procter & Gamble Company – C(S);
- Yu, JiaDe, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Yu / Primer in Pediatric Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Dr. Treat / Cases in Pediatric Allergic Contact Dermatitis