U018 - Literature Update: Etanercept or Cyclosporine as Treatment for SJS/TEN
Friday, March 1; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and diagnose SJS and TEN
- Evaluate the current literature and use it to select the appropriate therapeutic modality for your patient with SJS/TEN.
- Compare the literature in existence for current treatments used for TEN (including IVIG, steroids and supportive care) and learn whether new evidence compels you to use cyclosporine or etanercept instead for your SJS/TEN patient.
In this session come learn from Dr. Aleshin (who does inpatient dermatology at Stanford) and Dr. Worswick (who does inpatient dermatology at LA County/USC) what evidence exists for management of SJS and TEN patients. We will review the literature for standard therapies including IVIG, steroids and supportive care. However, the session will mainly highlight emerging data suggesting that cyclosporine or etanercept may be more effective than our conventional therapies.
- Aleshin, Maria, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Worswick, Scott, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
All faculty / Literature Update: Etanercept or Cyclosporine as Treatment for SJS/TEN