U019 - Management of Hormonal and Metabolic Dysregulation in Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Friday, March 1; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the various endocrinologic functions of the skin
- Analyze the association of endocrine and metabolic factors in the pathogenesis of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS)
- Discuss targeted therapy to modulate hormonal and metabolic dysregulaton in HS
In this session, we will discuss our current understanding of how endocrine and metabolic abnormalities contribute to the pathogenesis of HS. Novel information on the role of hormonal modulation in treatment of HS will be elucidated. Discussion will include practical guidelines for screening of endocrine and metabolic disorders as well as treatment algorithms. The session is directed towards general dermatologists, dermatology residents, and advanced practice providers in dermatology.
- Jaleel, Tarannum, MD: Canfield Scientific, Inc. – I(OB); Lilly ICOS LLC – I(OB);
- Okoye, Ginette, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Jaleel and Dr. Okoye / Management of Hormonal and Metabolic Dysregulation in Hidradenitis Suppurativa