U020 - Hate Fat?: Demystifying Panniculitis
Friday, March 1; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate a differential diagnosis based on the varied clinical presentations and histologic features of different forms of panniculitis
- Further narrow the clinical and histologic differential diagnoses based on additional laboratory and ancillary studies
- Initiate a treatment plan based on the most likely diagnosis
This case-based session will review the good, the bad, and the ugly of panniculitis – both clinical presentation and distinguishing histologic features. As part of this session, additional laboratory and ancillary testing will be discussed in an effort to help formulate a good but succinct differential diagnosis and, likewise, arrive at the most likely diagnosis. Lastly, best-practice treatment guidelines will be discussed for select entities. Audience participation is highly encouraged.
- Bandino, Justin P, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Logemann, Nicholas, DO: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shrivastava, Vikas, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Shrivastava / Introduction and Learning Objectives
Dr. Logemann / Panniculitis: The Good
Dr. Bandino / Panniculitis: The Bad
Dr. Shrivastava / Panniculitis: The Ugly
All faculty / Questions and Answers