U025 - Sex, Sores, Science, and Surveillance: Syphilis in the 21st Century
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize typical and atypical morphologies of syphilis and asses for serious medical complications
- Summarize epidemiologic trends regarding syphilis in 2019
- List controversies and pitfalls in syphilis diagnosis and management
Syphilis incidence is rising rapidly, and all clinicians should refresh their skills in diagnosis and management of this re-emerging threat to public health. This session will update the audience on epidemiology, clinical presentation, lab testing and treatment, as well as controversies in diagnosis and management.
- Amerson, Erin H., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Ghanem, Khalil: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Katz, Kenneth A., MD, MSc, MSCE: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Katz / Syphilis in men
Dr. Amerson / Syphilis in women and children
Dr. Ghanem / Difficult Clinical and Patient Management Issues