U026 - Developing Effective Multidisciplinary Skin Cancer Care: Driving Better Patient Outcomes and Fulfilling Professional Relationships
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe effective multidisciplinary collaborations.
- Recognize how a multidisciplinary approach benefits patient care.
- Describe how a multidisciplinary approach to patient care can assist with your professional development and fulfillment.
Skin cancer and many dermatologic conditions are broad and complex. Dermatologist can take a leadership role in coordinating multidisciplinary care. We have the necessary clinical, pathologic, and therapeutic perspectives. Yet, in select patients the need for additional specialty input is often required. This session will highlight the role of dermatologist as cutaneous oncologists and medical dermatologists in partnering with our colleagues across many specialties. Case presentations will be provided, that highlight how this enhances patient outcomes and drives innovation. The personal
and professional benefits of collegial interactions will be discussed. Academic and community perspectives will be shared.
- Bowman, Paul H., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Martinez, Juan-Carlos, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sluzevich, Jason C., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Sluzevich / Perspectives In Multidisciplinary Dermatologic Care
Dr. Martinez / Multidisciplinary Skin Cancer Care in a Tertiary Care Setting - Tricks of the Trade
Dr. Bowman / Multidisciplinary Skin Cancer Care in the Community - How to Make It Successful