U028 - Nursery Tales: Challenging Dermatoses in Newborns
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop a differential diagnosis for challenging dermatoses in premature and term infants
- Utilize laboratory testing to diagnose skin disease in neonates
- Formulate management plans for newborn skin eruptions
Case-based scenarios of cutaneous eruptions in neonates will be utilized to review the differential diagnosis of skin lesions in preterm and term infants and to discuss approaches for evaluation and management for these disorders. This session will examine laboratory testing strategies and offer updates from recent literature. Topics explored will range from infectious, neoplastic, and genetic diseases to manifestations of metabolic disease.
- Hunt, Raegan D., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Lauren, Christine T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Hunt / neonatal dermatology cases
Dr. Lauren / neonatal dermatology cases