U029 - A Practical Approach to the Management of Onychomycosis
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Utilize clinicopathologic correlation for improved diagnosis and treatment of onychomycosis.
- Summarize current and emerging treatments for onychomycosis.
This session is a fast-paced comprehensive review of diagnosis and management of onychomycosis in 2019. Topics to be covered include epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of onychomycosis. FDA approved topical and oral therapies will be discussed in detail, as well as, emerging treatments, including devices. New this year, treatment of onychomycosis in children will be discussed, as well as, prevention of recurrence. Faculty include nail experts from around the world.
- Gupta, Aditya K., MD, PhD: Moberg Derma – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Hinshaw, Molly A., MD: Accure Medical, LLC – F(ST);
- Lipner, Shari, MD, PhD: MOE Medical Devices LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Gupta / Epidemiology
Dr. Hinshaw / Diagnosis: Traditional techniques and PCR
Dr. Gupta / Oral therapy and treatment of children
Dr. Lipner / Topical therapy, devices, prevention of recurrence
All faculty / Questions and answers