U030 - The Red Patient: An Overview of Erythroderma
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop a differential diagnosis of the causes of erythroderma
- Formulate an evaluation for a patient with erythorderma
- Recognize the systemic complications of erythroderma
This session on erythroderma will focus on dermatologic conditions that present both chronically in the office and acutely in the emergency room. Erythroderma is the clinical presentation of a wide range of cutaneous and systemic diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, drug hypersensitivity reactions, and more rarely Sézary syndrome. After a review of the differential diagnosis of erythroderma as well as its systemic complications, cases will be presented as a basis to further the discussion on workup and therapeutic options. Participation will be encouraged through the use of the audience response system.
- Abdulla, Farah R., MD: Actelion – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Elorac, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Janssen Research & Development, LLC – A(H); Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals – A(H); miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Solgenix, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Stemline Therapeutics, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Trillium Therapeutics, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Choi, Jaehyuk, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Abdulla and Dr. Choi / The Red Patient: An Overview of Erythroderma