U032 - A Tidal Wave is Coming - Immune Related Adverse Events (irAEs) of the Skin Related to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
Saturday, March 2; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Outline the issues of dermatologic toxicity in the face of increasing immunotherapy use in the field of oncology.
- Apply the principles from current literature to the treatment of these dermatologic toxicities.
- Demonstrate ideal approaches to the diagnosis and management of dermatologic immune related adverse events (irAEs).
The use of immunotherapy in the management of advanced malignancies is on the rise. With the increasing use of these drugs, dermatologic toxicity from these treatments is also increasing. This session will outline the current state of literature as it relates to the evaluation of dermatologic immune related adverse events (irAEs), and discuss proper management of these patients in the setting of their oncologic care.
- Chen, Steven T., MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- LeBoeuf, Nicole, MD: Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
Saturday, March 2
All faculty / Dermatologic toxicities from immunotherapy in the treatment of advanced malignancies