U042 - Minimally Invasive Nail Surgery: Save the Nail!
Saturday, March 2; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate specific nail problems and localize the relevant anatomic site as origin of the pathology
- Identify appropriate measures for treatment, including nail-surgery
- Develop strategies for planning and executing nail-surgery with focus on nail-preservation and minimal trauma
In Dermatology diagnosis and treatment of nail diseases or nail problems has moved from severe traumatizing surgery to delicate nail-preserving and minimal invasive techniques. This session guides the audience from localizing the problem in the anatomic (sub-)unit to planning an individual approach based on instructive cases. Participants will familiarize themselves with minimal invasive techniques starting from anaesthesia, the appropriate placing of the patient to the actual procedures. Useful instruments and methods will be introduced as well as tricks of the trade.
- Billingsley, Elizabeth M., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(Fees); Genentech, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Hedgepath Pharmaceutic HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Hinshaw, Molly A., MD: Accure Medical, LLC – F(ST);
- Loeser, Christoph R., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Loeser / Welcome and Introduction
Dr. Loeser / Ingrown toenail controversy
Dr. Billingsley / Subungual Melanoma and Melanonychia
Dr. Loeser / Mucoid Pseudocysts
Dr. Hinshaw / Erythronychia
Dr. Loeser / Discussion, Take home messages and Conclusion