U043 - Pregnancy Dermatoses: Moving Towards a Better Understanding
Saturday, March 2; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and differentiate the common and specific pregnancy dermatoses.
- Identify safe and effective treatments for both mother and fetus.
- Discuss the effect of pregnancy on other skin diseases.
This session aims to provide clinical clues, diagnostic methods, and treatment options
for skin diseases in pregnancy. Particular attention will be paid to a simplified classification and diagnostic algorithm of the specific dermatoses of pregnancy. Pemphigoid gestationis, polymorphic eruption, atopic eruption, and intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy will be described in detail, and related fetal risks will be addressed. The effect of pregnancy on other common inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis, acne, and some rarer auto-immune disorders (pemphigus, lupus erythematosus) will be discussed. Management advice will be focused on special considerations for these inflammatory dermatoses and skin infections, which can arise during pregnancy.
- Mullegger, Robert R., MD: AbbVie – A(H); Almirall – A(H); Eli Lilly and Company – A(H), SP(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – A(H); Leo Pharma Inc – A(H); Menarini Group – SP(H); Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – A(H); Shire – A(H); Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA Inc – A(H);
- Vaughan-Jones, Samantha A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
All faculty / Pregnancy Dermatoses: Moving Towards a Better Understanding