U044 - Pearls for Challenging Cases in Skin of Color
Saturday, March 2; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize different diagnostic clues in skin of color patients
- Identify and formulate a management strategy for the patient
- Discuss the risks, benefits, and alternative therapies for skin diseases that impact patients with skin of color
By the year 2030, 46% of the US population will be Hispanic, African American, or Asian. This focus session is designed to provide a high-yield review as well as to highlight clinical clues for diagnostic and therapy in complex skin of color conditions. The session will be an interactive case-based discussion. It will review pearls for the diagnosis and treatment of challenging cases from a pediatric dermatology clinic, complex dermatology clinic and from the hospital, including sarcoidosis, chronic ulcers, CTCL, severe atopic dermatitis, bullous disorders, and autoimmune conditions.
This focus session is targeted to residents, dermatologists, and advanced practitioners.
- Ortega-Loayza, Alex Gerardo, MD: Arena Pharmaceuticals – C(NC); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – A(H);
- Seminario-Vidal, Lucia, MD, PhD: AbbVie – O(Residency/Fellowship Program Funding); Actelion – I(NC), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Akros Pharma, Inc. – I(NC); Boehringer Ingelheim – I(NC); Bristol-Myers Squibb – I(NC); Celgene Corporation – I(NC); Corrona, Inc. – I(NC); Eisai Co., Ltd – I(NC); Eli Lilly and Company – I(NC); Elorac, Inc. – I(NC); Glenmark Generics Inc. – I(NC); Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma, Inc. – A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Novartis – A(H), I(NC); Soligenix, Inc – I(NC);
- Torres Zegarra, Carla Ximena, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Ortega-Loayza / Medical Dermatology Pearls
Dr. Torres Zegarra / Pediatric Dermatology Pearls
Dr. Seminario-Vidal / Hospital Dermatology Pearls
All faculty / Questions and answers