U057 - Atopic dermatitis: systemic considerations
Sunday, March 3; 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify systemic infections, which can occur in patients with atopic dermatitis.
- Recognize the effect that atopic dermatitis can have on a person's mental health and overall well-being.
- Describe associations between atopic dermatitis and ocular disease.
While atopic dermatitis primarily affects the skin, it is a complex disease that can affect other organ systems. This session examines the multi-system infections, mental health and ocular manifestations that can accompany atopic dermatitis. Audience: general, pediatric and complex medical dermatologists.
- Diaz, Lucia Zoraida, MD: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(NC); Pfizer Inc. – I(NC), Speaker/Faculty Education(Non-accredited CME Education Grant); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Jahnke, Marla Nicole, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kim, Soo Jung, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shwayder, Tor A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.