U058 - Lessons from an EB Referral Center: Cases I Thought Were EB That Were Not
Sunday, March 3; 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose blistering disease in neonates and children
- Review methods of diagnosis and appropriate work-up
- Describe benefits and challenges an EB Center provides
This session will highlight benefits and challenges of caring for patients in an epidermolysis bullosa (EB) center. Featured cases will highlight the spectrum of blistering disease that can present in children, including referrals for EB that ultimately were not diagnosed with EB. The vast spectrum of genetic blistering disease will also be noted, with select cases not thought to be consistent with EB, that were in fact EB.
- Boull, Christina Lee, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Hook, Kristen P., MD: Amryt Pharma – I(NC);
Dr. Hook / Lessons from an EB Referral Center: Cases I Thought Were EB That Were Not
Dr. Boull / Cases I Didn't Think Were EB!
All faculty / Question & Answer