U059 - Tumescent Lidocaine Anesthesia (TLA): Refinements and New Applications
Sunday, March 3; 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define tumescent drug delivery.
- Recognize potential applications of tumescent lidocaine anesthesia.
- Determine appropriate formulations of tumescent solutions.
TLA has revolutionized dermatologic surgery, increasing the range of surgical procedures that can now be done in-office, totally by local anesthesia. We will discuss
1) the range of TLA applications,
2) refinements of TLA formulations,
3) the increasing use of TLA for non-dermatologic surgical procedures,
4) emerging applications of tumescent drug delivery (TDD) for non-surgical therapies ranging from pre-hospital care for snakebites to post-herpetic neuralgia.
- Klein, Jeffrey A., MD: Cynosure, Inc. – C(NC); HK Surgical, Inc – F(S); Liposuction.com – F(S);
Dr. Klein / Tumescent Lidocaine Anesthesia (TLA): Refinements and New Applications