U074 - Hair Care Practices and Hair Disorders in Skin of Color
Monday, March 4; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify and understand the unique hair care practices used among patients of color
- Assess and diagnose hair disorders commonly seen in patients of color
- Identify practical treatment options for hair disorders in patients of color
This session will include an in depth discussion detailing the unique hair care practices among patients of color. Hair disorders commonly encountered by women and men in this population will discussed along with approaches to diagnosis and practical management. The session will include discussion of approaches to counseling patients regarding optimization of hair care practices. The audience for this session is the general dermatologist who may encounter diverse patient population and who would like to better understand the unique hair care practices and hair disorders in this population.
- Ayoade, Katherine Omueti, MD, PhD: EllaMD, Inc – A(Fees);
- Ferguson, Nkanyezi Ngwenyama, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Price, Lulit, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
All faculty / Hair care practices and hair disorders in skin of color