U078 - Vasculopathies, Hypercoagulable States, and Anticoagulants
Monday, March 4; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose and categorize dermatology-relevant vasculopathies and hypercoagulable states
- Summarize the characteristics and usage of traditional and novel anticoagulant medications
- Formulate practical treatment plans utilizing novel anticoagulants for dermatologic conditions
Skin conditions related to systemic vasculopathies or hypercoagulable states can be challenging to recognize and manage. Through a didactic and case-based format, the participant will learn a general approach to vasculopathies and their treatment. The indications, adverse effects, and practical administration of anticoagulant therapies will be emphasized, with special focus on the increasingly-used novel anticoagulant medications. This session is directed to clinicians who manage vasculopathic conditions, and may be considering administration of traditional or novel anticoagulants for dermatologic conditions.
- Sharma, Amit, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Song, Philip I., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
All faculty / Vasculopathies, Hypercoagulable States, and Anticoagulants