U091 - Non-surgical Skin Cancer Treatments
Monday, March 4; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify clinical factors when surgical treatment is not advisable.
- Identify non-surgical treatments for cutaneous malignancies.
- Outline therapeutic options for skin cancers not suitable for surgical treatment.
Skin cancer can be treated with different therapies. Tumor and patient factors can dictate the appropriate treatment. In this session, we will discuss patient and tumor factors that influence the treatment approach. We will review evidence-based, non-surgical treatments for skin cancer; including topical medications, radiotherapy, and photodynamic therapy.
- Hanlon, Allison, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Samie, Faramarz H., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Zeitouni, Nathalie C., MD: Biofrontera AG – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Genentech, Inc. – SP(H); MiMedx Group, Inc – C(H); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H), SP(H); Solgenix, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding);