S022 - Updates on Melanoma Diagnosis and Therapy
Saturday, March 2; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define the most up-to-date molecular and imaging tools being used to accurately diagnose melanoma.
- Define the standard-of-care for targeted melanoma therapy in BRAF-mutant melanomas and therapies currently under investigation.
- Define the standard-of-care for immunotherapy use in melanoma and therapies currently under investigation.
The standard of care for the diagnosis and treatment of melanoma is changing at an unprecedented rate. Advances in the molecular understanding of human melanoma and the host immune response to this aggressive form of skin cancer are progressing rapidly and quickly translating into improvements in patient outcomes. Here we review the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of melanoma, including novel targeted therapies and immunotherapies currently in use and under development. Participants will leave this session with a clear understanding of current standards of practice. Learning objectives with be achieved through case-based interactive discussions along with didactic lectures.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Alani, Rhoda Myra, MD: Acylin Therapeutics, Inc – F(Fees);
- Kwong, Bernice, MD: Genentech, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Larson, Allison Ruth, MD, MS: Sanofi – A(H);
- Leachman, Sancy A., MD, PhD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – I(NC); DermDetect – A(NC); Merck & Co., Inc – A(NC); Myriad Genetics Inc – I(NC); OrLucent, Inc. – A(H); Palvella Therapeutics – A(NC); Skin Cancer Free – B(NC); Veriskin – A(NC);
- Sahni, Debjani, MBBS, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Leachman / Tools, Technology and Teledermoscopy: Earlier Detection of Melanoma
Dr. Larson / Latest Updates to Staging in the NCCN Guidelines for Melanoma
Dr. Sahni / Updates on Melanoma Therapies
Dr. Kwong / Melanoma Drugs and the Skin
Dr. Alani / Biomarkers, Epigenetics and Beyond
All faculty / Interactive Discussion with the Audience