S032 - Alopecia: Work-up and Treatment
Saturday, March 2; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine the most recent, relevant hair loss studies
- Recognize treatment options that will be helpful to your patients
- Determine methods for incorporating these treatments into your practice
This session will begin with the medical diagnosis of hair loss disorders, moving to the most updated treatment options for alopecia areata, androgenetic alopecia, and cicatricial alopecias. Newer modalities like JAK inhibitors, platelet rich plasma and hair transplantation will be discussed.
- Donovan, Jeffrey, MD, PhD: Okavana Laboratories – F(SO); Organovo – C(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(OB);
- King, Brett Andrew, MD, PhD: Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees), I(Fees); Dermavant Sciences – A(H); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees), I(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – A(Fees), A(H), C(Fees), I(Fees); Regeneron – SP(H);
- Lenzy, Yolanda M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Piliang, Melissa, MD: Eli Lilly and Company – I(NC); Pfizer Inc. – I(NC); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H);
- Rapaport, Jeffrey A., MD: Eclipse Medical – C(Fees);
- Rogers, Nicole Elaine, MD: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company – C(Fees); ParaPRO LLC – SP(H); Redken – C(Fees); Regimen MD – SH(NC);
- Sinclair, Rodney Daniel, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – I(Fees); Amgen – I(Fees); Ascend Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – B(Fees); Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Boehringer Ingelheim – I(Grants/Research Funding); Botaneco – I(Fees); Celgene Corporation – I(Fees); Coherus Biosciences – I(Fees); CSL – C(Fees); Cutanea Life Sciences – I(Fees); GlaxoSmithKline – I(Fees); inVentiv Health – I(Fees); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – O(Fees); Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development – I(Fees); Leo Pharma Inc – A(Fees); Medimmune – I(Fees); Medpace – I(Fees); Merck & Co., Inc – I(Fees); Merck Serono – I(Fees); Novartis – I(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – A(Fees), I(Fees); PhotonMD, Inc. – I(Fees); PPD Inc. – I(Fees); Principia Biopharma Inc – I(Fees); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(Fees); Revian LTD. – I(Fees); Samson Clinical – F(IP); UCB – I(Fees);
- Singh, Meena Kuimari, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, March 2
Dr. Piliang / New Patient Hair Loss: Now What?
Sinclair / Alopecia Areata: Why, what, how, and when to treat?
Dr. King / Updates on JAK inhibitors for Alopecia Areata
Dr. Donovan / Medically Maximizing Male & Female Pattern Hair Loss
Dr. Lenzy / CCCA: From Fashion to Family History
Dr. Singh / Camouflage Options for Scalp & Eyebrows
Dr. Rapaport / PRP: Where are we?
Dr. Rogers / When is it Time for Transplant?